TBA offers a variety of activites that are specifically geared towards kids and youth. Whether you are interested in having your child's next birthday party, or holding a lock-in for a youth group, we offer great group deals and special rates, with a level of personalized instruction that is unmatched in other indoor climbing gyms. If you would like more information about any of our services or are ready to schedule an event, please do not hesitate to contact us today.
Birthday Parties and Lock-Ins
Rock climbing is a unique and memorable activity for a wide variety of group functions. We can handle everthing from kid’s and adult's birthday parties, day camps, sport-teams parties and teen after-hours parties... to professional team-building exercises, church functions, and group lock-ins. TBA has the facilities and experienced staff needed to provide a great time for your group.
Parties & Group Rates
Our special special group rates and lock-in services are perfect for your child's next birthday party or youth group function. We offer competitive discounts and pricing on these services, and a level of personalized instruction that is unmatched by other indoor climbing gyms. You simply need to provide the refreshments, and we'll do the rest. If they can walk, they can climb! Kids of all ages are welcomed. TBA has plenty to spark any child's interest, keeping them challenged and entertained for hours.
- Group functions last for two hours.
- Minimum of 10 climbers are needed to qualify for our group discount rates.
- Open to all ages and skill levels.
- Cost: $10.00/climber (includes climbing, climbing shoes, and instruction for two hours). (Guests who wish to continue climbing after the party must purchase a day pass).
- Private functions available for an additional $100/hour.
- A $25 fee is required in advance to reserve your date and time. This fee is in addition to the $10.00/climber fee and is non-refundable.
- Parties are held in 2-hour increments on Saturdays between 12pm and 6pm or Sundays between 12pm and 4pm, but we can try to accommodate your group outside of these times with enough notice.
A TBA lock-in is a great way to celebrate privately at the climbing gym with large groups (such as teams, schools, church groups or birthday parties). After TBA closes to the general public, your group members will have the facility completely to themselves.
Your group will be able to climb as well as use our slack-line (tightrope), and a few other fun items in our facility... all in our "cosmic climbing" setting. We offer overnight lock-ins on either Friday or Saturday evenings, and each option includes climbing, climbing shoes, and instruction.
- Friday Night Option: 8pm-8am, $180 +$10/person
- Saturday Night Option: 10pm-8am, $150 +$10/person
Just call or contact us a couple of weeks ahead to reserve a date for your special event. A $50 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a date. Once you secure your reservations, it is also a good idea for you to send a link for your group members to download our waiver when you send your invitations. Under age climbers (under age 18) must have a parent or legal guardian sign their waiver.
This class is geared towards kids up to 13 years of age, who either want to learn how to climb or simply want to try out a different type of after school activity. It is an hour long class during which kids play different climbing games to build up their strength and confidence. This class is offered twice a week.
- Friday @ 4:30pm
- All ages, All Fitness/Skill Levels Welcome
- All classes include climbing and shoes during the class time only. Must purchase a day pass if you want to climb continue climbing afterwards
- Cost: $15 for 1 class, $40 for 4 classes or $90 for 12 classes
- Classes are now RSVP only. Please call us to confirm your intention to attend by the Wednesday before the class you wish to come to.
This is more like climbing practice. Kids on the team compete in local, regional and national competition. Not just anyone can join the team. The kids need to be dedicated, motivate and willing to go through rigorous training when need be. The team also goes on day or weekend trips to different climbing areas around the southeast. It is a two hour class that sometimes lasts longer. (Taught by Kasia – price: a 6 month membership is required)
- Tuesday and Thursday at 4:30 and Friday at 5:30
- All ages, All Fitness/Skill Levels Welcome
- All classes include climbing and shoes during the class time only.
- Cost: Must get at least a 6 month membership to TBA along with $50/month
- Team practices are ongoing throughout the whole year
While our standard classes are great, the most effective and powerful way to establish a climbing training program is by tailoring it to meet a student's individual needs. Private lessons refine and inspire existing climbing practices by helping students move beyond physical limitations, ultimately taking the sport to a significantly higher (and more rewarding) level. Private instruction is available by appointment for $25/hour or $40/2-hours. Please contact us if you are interested in learning more.
Summer 2013 Climbing Camps
The Tennessee Bouldering Authority offers climbing camps nearly every week throughout the summer. Designed for youth ages 8-14, our five-day climbing camps will keep kids' bodies and minds active while they're out of school. With loads of challenging and exciting activities for those who just want to have fun, and professional coaching for individuals looking to train, our camps have something for everyone. If you would like to be notified when information for next session is released, please contact us today.
Our camps are a great way for kids to build self esteem, team work, cooperation, and focus. Through climbing, kids can gain a better awareness of balance and body coordination while building motor skills. Our camps teach the basics of climbing, including gear, safety, technique, working routes, reading problems and different kinds of holds. We have team-building activities like "blind climbing" which encourages kids to help each other out and work together, and technique building games like one handed climbing to help the child become a better climber. Throughout the week we build on previously practiced skills and teach new skills all building up to our last day excursion to an outdoor climbing venue. Climbing is an excellent form of physical activity and through our camp kids can push and exceed their own expectations.
Tuition for each camp is $175/student ($155/student for any additional camps and for siblings), which includes equipment, food, and five days of professional instruction with a student to instructor ratio no higher than six to one.
2013 Summer Camps:
June 10 - June 14 ---- 9am-1pm (lunch provided)
June 17 - June 21 ---- 9am-1pm (lunch provided)
June 24 - June 28 ---- 9am-1pm (lunch provided)